Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The First One!!!

I received my first donation in the mail today!!! Woohoo!!! :) :) :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It's very exciting to see something start to come from all this hard work!

I never realized how hard it is to raise funds. It truly takes a lot of time, preparation, commitment, and hard work to even try do it adequately. Also, the simple idea of approaching people, calling people, or even sending a mere letter to ask them for money is challenging in itself. I had a hard time even starting the process because I was so scared to do it wrong. I didn't want to offend people by asking them for money, especially since the economy is not in its best position right now.

It is a daunting task, but I've gotten the first set of letters out there, I've starting contacting people, and with the generous help of my sister, I've made plans for a fundraising event (more info on that soon!). I've gotten the wheels rolling, and today, I saw the first fruits of that work. I already feel incredibly grateful for the way people have supported me in this venture; the blessings abound!

2 comments:

Leslie Picca said...

Congratulations, Andy! I look forward to hearing about your adventures! P.S. You gotta put your UD degree to work: "receive" is misspelled ;-)

Andy said...

Thanks Dr. Picca! hehe :) I have gotten it fixed! Good eye!