Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dreams

Some of you may know that I have a dream book. My dream book is a journal in which I write down my dreams, whether they are something small and simple like my dream to make a hammock in the next few weeks or something grand and lifelong like my dream to make this world a better place. I believe dreams are incredibly important, and I don’t think we utilize them enough; I dream to change that in my life.

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I thought about my current state here in Malawi. As I describe a little bit in one of my previous blogs, I’ve been a bit discontent with things. One of those things is the zest that I find lacking in my life right now. Currently, I’m struggling to find things that really excite me here. In fact, the thing I get most excited about is when we have pizza for lunch; that’s sad. Last night, I started dreaming about how I could change that. I wrote in my dream journal, “I dream to live a life of passion. If I’m not passionate about my life, than what is the point?”

I’m now on a mission to find the things here that make me come alive. Because as Howard Thurman wrote, “…what the world needs most is people who have come alive!” I dream to come alive!

No comments: