Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coming Home

I'm writing this from an internet cafe in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, so unfortunately, it will be much shorter than I'd like. Also, I had intended on writing this blog sooner, but the past few weeks have been a bit hectic, so I didn't have the chance to sit down and write something.

As many of you probably already know, but, unfortunately, as some of you don't know, I'm finishing up my time in Africa, and I'm coming home.

There are various reasons for my coming home, and if you're interested in hearing more about them, please feel free to contact me. Essentially, though, I found that being in Karonga, Malawi was not a match for me. At times, I had a really hard time being my true self there, and that was making things very difficult for me. Though the decision was very difficult to make because of all of the things I have fallen in love with in Malawi, I do believe this is the best decision with me, and I am excited to get back home where I can better find the things I need to thrive.

Thank you for all of your support over these months, and please keep me in your prayers as I enter into another new beginning.

1 comment:

Greg Calhoun said...

Have a safe trip coming home!