Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'M HOME!

I made it home to Chicago safely and soundly last Saturday around 3:30PM Chicago time. It's pretty exciting to be home, and I've already gotten to spend some great time with family and some of my best friends. The next couple of weeks also look to be filled with time with good friends and family, and I couldn't be more overjoyed. Being so far from home really helps you appreciate the true gift that home is.

I want to thank all of you for the prayers and support you have continued to share with me.

I'm not sure if I will continue writing on here, but I do feel I have some more things I can write about my experience in Africa. And then, beyond that, I think it would be interesting to continue writing about my experiences and where I go from here. So stay tuned in, and let's see where this crazy adventure of life leads next.

3 comments:

GelatiKING said...

Andy - welcome home.

I continue to be interested in where your journey leads, and your on-going thoughts about Africa, so I encourage you to keep posting here.

Maybe just change the name of the blog, when you think it's appropriate.

Peace,
Ed

Pattie said...

Andy,

I'm glad you are safely home. I've been praying for you that this adventure turned out as it was meant to. I agree with Ed, please keep posting. I'm interested to see where life leads you all after U.D. I know Jenna has corresponded with you. She will be home for good at Easter! As I told her in one of our conversations, even though this particular adventure did not turn out as you originally planned, I think you and she were meant to take these paths because they will contribute to your faith journey and where you go from here. Prayers and hugs! Mrs. C

L's mom said...

Andy
It was great to be able to come with your mom to meet you at the airport and spend time with and your friends onyour first night home. If you have time, I would love to hear/reaqd stories about some of those adventures you named in one of your blogs I think in December. I love reading your stories.
Aunt Pat