Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thank you

Though the struggle is not over and is probably far from it, I cannot thank all of you who have extended your support to me through simple messages and prayers. It's not easy at all to put yourself out there, to let others know how you really feel and how your really are. In fact, it was scary as hell, and I've never felt more vulnerable. At the same time, I feel it is exactly what I need. In some ways, I think it's exactly what we all need. I think we all spend too much time being afraid to be who we really are, flaws, inadequacies, imperfections and all. And by doing so, by being afraid to be who we really are, problems and all, we limit the intimacy we are able to share with people.

So thank you. Thank you for letting me be me, and for responding to me openly and honestly, with care and with challenge.

I haven't yet reached the light of day, but thanks to many of you, at least the sun is starting to rise.

No comments: