Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Farewell Dugan

Ryan Dugan left Karonga today. He's on his way to Tanzania, and after a brief stop in South Africa, will be heading home after 14 months in Africa.

Though I only spent 2 months living with Ryan, he has had a heavy impact on my experience thus far. His words of advice, counsel, support, and humor have gone a long way to make me feel at home. Particularly, I will never forget the way that he cared for and supported me while I was sick for my first two weeks here. He offered so much to me during that time, and treated me, from the first day, as if I was a member of his own family. For that, I cannot thank him enough.

I was extremely sad to see Ryan go, and he will be sorely missed in our community. However, it truly was a gift to have him here for these two months, so I cannot neglect to apprecaite the gift that he has been to me.

Thank you, Ryan.

No comments: