Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Night Entertainment

Tonight’s activities started with a request from the Headmaster to drive into town with the school car and pick up a truck-load of police officers. The Form 4’s leave campus tomorrow for the last time, and there have been some rumors that they would cause some trouble on their last night at Chaminade. Though there was no fracas last night (“fracas” is the word our Headmaster overused to describe the trouble early this term), driving through town (for my first time ever, and at night) with 8 armed police officers in army fatigues was quite an interesting and somewhat stressful way to start the night.

Then when I got home, Matt and Molly were sitting outside near the hose pipe for our garden. Our water still wasn’t reaching our storage tank (which it needs to do before it comes into our house), but it was reaching our hose pipe, so they were just chillin’ outside, filling up buckets, and carrying them inside. I went ahead and ate my dinner before coming out to join them. For the next two hours, we sat around, filling up the buckets, carrying them into the house (on our heads at times), splashing each other, and even playing Frisbee for a bit with one of the bucket lids. I searched the house for every bucket we had, and by the end of the night, we filled up every last one. Though it wasn’t much more than a tedious chore, the conversation, jokes, and silliness we shared made the evening an absolute blast.

(Here's a picture of me carrying a bucket on my head. And yes, I did spill water all over me in the process. But that is less a mistake of and more a perk of carrying water on your head.)

1 comment:

Gina said...

We were talking about living in the moment the other day at our community prayer and I feel like some much of what you are doing in all of your entries really highlights living in the moment!!! I hope that you know that is a blessing. I think you do but i just wanted to reiterate it for you!